Paleo Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream {Dairy & Egg Free}

(0)comments

Seattle has been heating up these past few weeks. The warmer temperatures mean cold treats are a must! Ice Cream has been our favorite cool down treat lately. 

However, after some recent allergy testing for Paul we learned that dairy and eggs are a no-no for him. I've also been experimenting with dairy more and it turns out when I eat too much, my face breaks out. So we're back to 'no dairy' in the house. 

I was recently reading this blog post for homemade Strawberry Ice Cream from The Pioneer Woman and I knew I wanted to make it. The trick was figuring out what to do instead of dairy, eggs, and the white sugar! Coconut milk and honey to rescue!

This recipe is easy, quick and delicious!

A quick note about honey. Not all honey is created equal! I used clover honey for this recipe. However I've noticed different brands may have different sweetness factors. Yep, sweetness factors. Start off slow with your honey and taste test along the away.  I know, I know, taste test ice cream? You're welcome!

Without further ado:

Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman



Ingredients
  • 3 Cans Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
  • 2/3 Cup Honey (more/less to taste)
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or Vanilla Extract)
Strawberry Puree:
  • 1 LB Strawberries (hulled)
  • 2 Tbs Honey
Directions:
  • Freeze Ice Cream bowl per manufacturers directions
  • Chill coconut milk for at least 30 minutes
  • Mix coconut milk, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl to a smooth consistency.
  • Puree strawberries and honey in food processor and add to the coconut milk.
  • Now pour this mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze it according to your ice cream maker's instructions.

No comments:

Leave a comment