Okay, onto reflecting!
My goals for March were to:
Read 3x Books. I read four books! Now I have to be honest, one of these books I read in a weekend and I was very much an absentee parent. I wasn't feeling great, and I real just wanted to curl up and do nothing but read. Paul was not impressed.
- The Red Tent by Anita DiamantThis book was so good. A really great story. The author takes a passage from Genesis and weaves an entire story around it. The story was rich with detail and helped me understand biblical history a bit more.
- The Nightingale by Hanna Kristin
I love books about Paris and I love books about World War 2, so this was lovely story to read. It was heartbreaking and encouraging at the same time.
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
This was the book that I could not put down. Part of the lure for me was that the book hit on so many themes that I think about or have dealt with such as: becoming the type of person you did not want to become, a marriage that collapses, and then there was a character who dealt with multiple miscarriages. At one point, I had to set the book down and just cry.
- Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith by Sarah Bessey
Overall I enjoyed this book. There were parts where my mind wandered, but I appreciated the author sharing her journey and for the reminder that there is grace in the journey of faith. I have struggled in my Faith because of heartbreak over church disappointments and the miscarriages. The author validated being in the wilderness as you sort through your spirituality. I had kind of hoped for a How To manual to get "on track" and now after thinking about it, I am glad she did not try to give a formulaic answer, just grace.
Write 2-3 Blog Posts. I did meet this goal! I wrote about encouragement in motherhood and my selfish heart. Honestly, I think this is where I was able to be the most creative. I really enjoyed writing and plan to make this a goal for April, but it will look differently than a specific number of blog posts.
Workout 15 times. I did it! I did 16 workouts. Actually, I could have fit in a few more, but then this last week I got sick. I was exhausted, and had a terrible cough. So I opted for rest. My workouts in March had to change a bit. Lije and I are in new season in the afternoons. Lije is awake most afternoons, which makes getting my workout done difficult as he is tired and cranky and needs more love. I have had to adjust my routine, so I wake up around 3:30am to fit my workout in. Though I dislike that early time, I love having my workout done as I get my day started. There are days where I just cannot drag myself out of bed, on those days I wait until Paul comes home and I go for a run in the neighborhood. I have continued to do the Fit in 15 series through iFit and when I run, I have been doing a slow 1.5 miles in the neighborhood.
For April, my mini goals are:
- Read 3x Books
- Write: I plan to write every day. I am not setting a word goal, or even the amount of time. I just want to start a practice. It may only be a few words, a few minutes or both. I really want to work on reflecting more deeply each day.
- Social Media Fast: 6pm each day I am going to strive to be off my phone.
- Workout 15 times
We are 25% through the year! I am ready for April!