{February Reflections}

(0)comments

Well, just as I expected, February was a crazy month! I knew that with traveling and planning my son's 1st birthday I would need to keep my goals as simple as possible.


My goals for February were to:
Read 2x Books. I was able to get through two books during this crazy month.

  • Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
    What an intriguing book! I was very fascinated by the first half of the book as I read through the authors experiences in concentration camps. The second half of the book was more difficult for me as it was much more technical about his psychotherapy theory.
  • Everything I Never Told you by Celeste Ng
    This was a quick and enjoyable read. Though the subject matter was pretty heavy. It drew me in because I felt like I was trying to solve a puzzle.
Take a trip. Done and Done! Paul and I took Elijah to Germany and it was so much fun. We spent a week exploring Munich and Berlin. I want to write more about these experiences as well as tips for traveling with an almost 1 year old. Traveling with a small child made for a very different experience, and it had its tough moments, but overall it was so worth it and very rewarding. I love most aspects of traveling. Leading up to the trip I spend time finding our hotels and figuring out travel logistics. Once we are there it is quality time with family while soaking up amazing history and sites. For me, taking a trip like this is very life giving.

Work out 12 times. I did not meet this goal, but I actually feel okay about it. I did manage to squeeze in 8 workouts in February. And while we were traveling Paul and I logged between 15,000-20,000 steps a day. I did a good portion of my steps while lugging around a 25lb baby on my back or on my front while he napped, so that felt like a workout too. While at home, I have continued to do the Fit in 15 series through
iFit
In February I also joined a women's book study that is reading through Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith by Sarah Bessey. Paul and I also joined a church small group that is meeting every other week. Both of these add more to the plate when it comes to scheduling, but for me both foster community and fellowship which is encouraging for my heart.

March feels like a big blank canvas, with plenty of space to make healthy choices, feed my brain, and practice creativity.

 For March, my mini goals are:
  • Read 3x Books
  • Create: I have adult coloring book to enjoy.
  • Write 2-3 blog posts
  • Work out 15 times (upping the ante)
Here is to embracing March!

No comments:

Leave a comment